I never thought of Pinterest and tumblr as modern day common books but you’re right! I prefer my handwritten one as well. It makes it easier to go back and look through everything. There’s also something more raw and personal about handwriting notes.
I’ll take a look! I’m looking for a more intense and targeted massage like Neuromuscular. Maybe Groupon will have something :)
I hadn’t thought about it, but I can publish it.
Our CrossFit gym has our members doing squat, press, deadlift, pull-ups, and HSPU as part of our regular strength work but depending on what days and how often clients comes in, they could miss important strength days.
I’m coming up with a plan that will use different movements from the ones listed above that they can do 3x a week for 12 weeks. This will be something they can do on their own during normal class times.
A) Med Block Power Snatch
- 47kgx2,did 51x2, 55x2, 59x1x3
- the medium blocks were difficult for some reason
- feels good to start pushing the squat again! Good ol’ 5x5
C1) Dumbbell Bench Press
- 30lb DB’s x10x2, 35lbx8x2, 45lbx6x2
- I LOVE bench! Super pleased I could get the two 45lb DB’s for 6 reps
C2) 1 Leg RDL
- 24kgx10x2, 33kgx8x2, 40x6x2
- Single leg RDL work never fails to make me sore! Love it
Ring Ab Rollouts
- 6, 6, 6
- did one less set than last time and actually feel like I didn’t rip my abs apart this time! haha last time I couldn’t do ab work for like 2 weeks because it hurt so badly
2 Lifts from Monday:
2 Cleans + 1 Jerk at 85kg and 90kg. A bit soft in my jerk but I’m working on it
Just got 9lbs of this DELICIOUS protein powder from BodyBuilding.com.
I use a 3/4 scoop of this plus some nut butter as my pre-bed meal since it has casein in it and it’s simply amazeballs
8:30am at Mash Elite
- 35kgx3, 45x3, 55x2, 60x2, 65x2, 70, 74, 77, 80, 83
- this wasn’t Don’s program but I didn’t have it and the Mash team trains way earlier than we do so I just followed along with them. Happy that 83kg is becoming more consistent
B) Hang Clean + 2 Jerks
- 55kgx2, 65, 75, 80, 89
- These were fun. Haven’t done hang cleans in a long time. Love doing double jerks
C) Snatch Pull
- 80kgx3, 85x3, 90x3
- These felt very good. I want to more of these
A) 1 Pull + 1 Snatch
- 53kgx2, 57x1x2, 61x1, 65x1x2, 69x1, 72x1x2
- these felt like money! So much better even than my snatches in the morning
B) 2 Cleans + 1 Jerk
- 67kgx2, 72x1, 78x1x2, 83, 88, 90
- these were pretty good. A bit soft on my lockout on my last couple of jerks though
C) Push Press
- 45x5, 55x5, 60x5x4
- Getting strong!
D1) Russian Leans
D2) Feet Elevated Inverse Row
- stonesandlogs said: Are you excited to have Travis Mash come to MDUSA? Because I am.
Oh man I am beyond excited! :)
Gosh I love bench pressing. Did 6 sets of dumbbell bench today and felt so swole. Also did more weight for 2x6 than I thought I’d be able to so I’m happy about that! I wish I loved pull-ups as much as I love bench.
Jenny Arthur (-75kg, USA) with a 104kg/229lb snatch on her way to winning the national title!
My hero (besides my girl Morghan King of course)
A) Low Block Power Snatch
- 47kgx3x2, 51x2x2, 55x2x3
- super tired today. Kinda annoyed at doing low block power snatch two days in a row. usually saturday’s are squat and push day
- 70kgx6, 80x5, 92x5x5
- These felt super easy, as they should. It was only 80% of my best clean
Jerk + OHS
- 115lb, 135, 165, 185, 205, 215 (PR), 225 (PR)
- not scheduled to do anything sunday but wanted to do something for fun. Proud of a 15lb OH squat PR with more in the tank!
Cardio: 3 Rounds
- B1) Row 300m easy-mod pace
- B2) 30 double unders (i suck at double unders so this was good practice and not super intense)
- B3) 100m Farmer’s Carry (60# per hand)
- I love rowing for cardio. Farmers carries were harder than I thought they’d be. I believe that bringing up my carrying strength will help me in the long run with staying strong and healthy though.
A) Power Snatch from low blocks
- 47kgx3x2, 51x3x2, 55x2x3
- I love the low blocks
B) Push Press
- 45kgx5, 55x5, 60x5, 62x5, 63x5, 64x5, 65x5
- Very pleased with these. My OH strength is increasing!
C1) 1-Arm DB High Pull
- Got to bring this up. I’m weak in my upward pulling. This will also be beneficial for my shoulders
C2) DB Bench Press
- I love bench press. I love when my chest is sore
A) 1 Pull + 1 Snatch + 1 OHS
- 53kgx1x2, 57x1x2, 61x1x2
- Yay first complex of the new cycle! Complexes are the bomb
- 68kgx3, 73x3x2, 79x2x2, 85x2
- easy doubles
Training at my gym alma mater Mash Elite today with my Mash Mafia brothers and sisters ;) I love these guys.
It’s so awesome to get a break from my daily routine even for just a day.
Trained at 8:30am this morning which is much earlier than my usual 11am haha. We go back at 2 for more work.
In other news, I’m back on that diet grind. Trying to get down to 155lb or so. Logging my meals myfitnesspal so I can see the macro/calorie breakdown.
The cutest protein sample I ever did see